Hello everybody! In today's craft we are going to make this pretty dance mask for carnival. It is very simple to do and is great for both children and adults.
Do you want to see how to do it?
- Hot silicone gun. Ideally, use the metallic-colored silicone bars or the ones with glitter.
- Unmolding paper / greaseproof paper or a pretty paper that you don't mind showing under the silicone.
- 2 twine or ribbons
- Any extra decoration such as feathers, pearls, balls, diamonds ... this is optional because the mask itself looks good
Hands on craft
- The first step is to take the greaseproof paper and make the drawing of our mask. Take into account the physiognomy of our face to make the central part of the mask that will go over the nose. You also have to take into account the area where the eyes go to leave it clear. The ideal is to wear sunglasses or glasses to know where our eyes are. We make one side of the mask, fold the paper and cut to have the symmetrical drawing.
- Once the drawing is drawn, we will go over the lines with the hot glue gun. The outline of the mask has to be well filled to support the rest of the mask. The lines that fill the mask can be more irregular in terms of thickness.
- To finish the mask we will tie a string or ribbon on each side. We can secure them with a little silicone. To put the mask on, we will only have to adjust it to the face and tie it with the string or ribbon at the back of the head.
- The mask would be finished, but if you want You can decorate it by adding pearls, diamonds and feathers in the upper contour of the mask. This is ideal if you want to make several masks since it would differentiate them from each other and each one would have its own personal touch.
And ready! We are ready for the carnival.
I hope you cheer up and do this craft.