Decoupage It is the technique that consists of making designs with napkins that are adhered with a glue. Sometimes this afternoon is complicated and many wrinkles appear in our work, but with the technique that I am going to teach you today, it will be perfect.
Table of Contents
Materials for decoupage without wrinkles
- Wooden box
- Chalk painting
- Decorated napkins
- Decoupage glue
- Baking paper
Procedure for decoupage without wrinkles
In this video you can see all the steps to follow to perform the decoupage without wrinkles, It is very easy and fast. The result is perfect and super smooth.
You can apply it to different materials and it will be just as good, try and see.
I have decorated a box with a marine style, perfect to decorate a beach house or a corner that reminds you of the sea.
STEP BY STEP SUMMARY
- Take the box apart.
- Sand down blemishes.
- Paint the box with the color or colors that you like best.
- Let dry completely.
- Cut out the napkin and remove the white layers that do not work.
- Apply a coat of decoupage glue and let it dry completely.
- Place the napkin on top and then a greaseproof paper.
- Iron for a minute working on the edges.
- Remove the leftover napkin with a file or sandpaper.
- Apply a coat of varnish to protect your work.
- Let the box dry.