In today's tutorial let's see how to make an art journal page. If you don't know what it is, I'll tell you quickly that the art journal is a artistic journal, where with clippings, drawings, titles ... you shape a moment, experience, event ... something you want to express in an artistic way.
In this case I have used:
- Cutouts and dies.
- Felt pens.
- Baby wipes.
- We prepare the materialsIn my case I wanted to capture something with the things that I have on the work table, I have chosen the ones that I liked the most for this occasion.
- Cut out the pieces of cardboard, do it irregularly and with your hand. You see gluing them on the sheet in a way that you like the most. I have used three colors.
- Apply a coat of gesso all over the surface.
- With the wipes remove the excess of gesso, with this we will give uniformity to the page.
- Place the spray ink at strategic points so that the other colors can be seen.
- Ink the outline of the leaves with another tone to frame the scene.
- Now make a collage with everything you can think of. I have used die-cut shapes in butterfly, lace, fabric ... I have made the composition and I have been gluing and stapling as I see fit.
- I have placed the title on the right side where it was left empty to give it greater prominence.
And this is how the page has turned out, a way to let your imagination fly and put an idea on paper, where you can have it as a journal.
I hope you liked it and put it into practice, you'll see how much fun it is to create! You can like and share on your social networks and I will be delighted to see a photo of your performance.
See you next time.