Blinds are an excellent alternative to curtains. They are very practical on windows in the living room, kitchen or bedroom and combine perfectly with rugs and cushions. Today I come with a proposal for make your own blind with rods and give a change to the children's room.
For this you will need a kit to mount a blind of the appropriate size to the window and a beautiful and youthful fabric.
- Velcro. (only the soft part).
- Sewing machine.
- Bias (to put the rods and pass the tapes).
- Complete blind kit or mechanism.
- Marker for fabric.
The first thing you will have to do is measure the window and adapt the measure of fabric to the blind. And buy the mechanism. In my case I have taken advantage of one that I already had.
As we want, we must add about 4 cm more approximately of fabric, on each side, for the hems.
- Prepare the hem at the bottom of the blind, it will be 1 cm wider than the bar.
So that there is no problem when inserting the counterweight and taking it out, to wash or iron. Take measurements and mark with the marker.
- Pinned and basted if you think it is necessary. (I have passed it directly to the machine).
- Remember from leave about ten centimeters unstitched which will be where we will introduce the counterweight rod.
- It goes through the machine with a backstitch.
- Take the measurements to place the bias of the blind, To do this, divide the fabric into equal parts. In my case they are at a distance of about eight inches from each other.
- Baste and go through the sewing machine. Remember to leave about ten centimeters from the edge to be able to insert the rods later.
- Then prepare a simple hem for the upper part, where the velcro will go, (soft). Hem the sides as well.
- We will sew the rings on the counterweight by hand to fix the strings.
Above counterweight hem.
- Now insert the counterweight rod through the bottom hole.
- Next the rest of the rods.
- Place the blind by gluing the velcro on the top.
- Pass the ribbons through the strips of the rods and ties in the rings of the counterweight.
And ready! ideal for decorating the children's room in my case, and in yours? If you dare to make your own blind I would love to see it anywhere on my social networks. I encourage you to do it, the change is surprising and the result is spectacular.