In today's craft we are going to make a multipurpose bag recycling some pants. It is a simple and useful way to give another life to those pants that accumulate in the closet.
Do you want to see how to do it?
Materials that we will need to make our multipurpose bag
- Wide leg pants.
- Ribbon or cord that is rather narrow.
- Needle and thread
- Hair clip
Hands on craft
You can see the entire craft in the following video:
Steps to follow:
- We straighten one of the pants legs and we cut to obtain the desired length for our bag. In my case, how am I going to use it to store shoes in travel bags? I have taken the approximate length of some sneakers.
- Once the leg is cut, we turn it over and we sew the side on which we have made the cut. It is important to sew this side and not the other. Now you will see why.
- We turn the fabric over again and check that it is well sewn before continuing since now would be a good time to touch up or reinforce the stitching.
- We focus on the hem part of the pants. In the internal part we will make two cuts that take only the fabric of the hem that faces the inside. This is to open the hole that makes the hem and that we are going to take advantage of to, with the help of a hairpin or similar, insert the ribbon or cord. We will make sure to leave enough tape on both ends.
- We pull on both sides of the tape and We check that the open part of our multipurpose bag closes correctly.
And ready! We can now store our shoes, buy fruit avoiding plastic bags ... give it the use you want. You can also make another bag with the remaining leg.
I hope you cheer up and do this craft.