Do you have any damaged rubber tablecloths? Surely there is some part that you can use to make an individual tablecloth like this. It is very beautiful and it is very easy to do.
Do you want to see how to do it?
Materials that we will need to make our individual tablecloth
- Old rubber tablecloth if you want to recycle or new if you simply like crafts.
- Cork rectangle, me recycling a placemat
- White glue
- Hot glue gun
Hands on craft
- First of all, look at the rubber and see what parts can be used. Then using the piece of cork as a template we go cut out as many rectangles as we want placemats do.
- If you have a cork placemat like my case, you can use it and if not use a finite cork sheet and cut the size you want.
- We glue the rubber to the cork with white glue, spreading a good uniform layer on the cork. We smooth the surface of the rubber well while the glue dries a little. We also glue the edges of the cork.
- We trim the excess rubber. And we put in around the edge a strip of thick rope. We will fix it little by little with hot silicone, tightening each section well and trying not to put too much silicone as it will break.
- We cut the excess rope and glue the two ends with hot silicone to make it look like a whole piece of string.
- Let it dry well for a day before using.
- Another option is to make a grid with fine rope on the rubber and then put the rope around the perimeter, in this way we can put anything on our individual tablecloth, no matter how hot it is.
And ready! There are many options to make these tablecloths and they are very beautiful used to dress the table as individual tablecloths or in the center of the table as a trivet.
I hope you cheer up and do this craft.