In this tutorial I teach you how to make a snail to decorate pots, to give them a little joy and a fun touch. You will see that it is very easy and does not require too many materials.
- Mobile eyes
- Hot silicone
Step by step
To create the snail to decorate pots, the first thing you have to do is shape it.
- Take the wire.
- From the end go curving it as if it were the shell of the snail.
- When you have the shell of the size you want, fold the next piece as if it were a drop.
- Roll it up a little in the center.
- Create another drop to finish it off and lower the wire straight.
- Cut off the excess wire with a pair of pliers. Remember that it is used to puncture in the pots, so do not leave it too short so that it holds well.
- Tighten the wire well.
- Cut two small pieces of wire to make the eyes.
- Fold the bottom part and hook it to the snail's head.
- Pinch that fold well with the pliers so it doesn't go down.
- Do the same with the other eye.
- Glue moving eyes to the end of the wires with silicone.
- Choose the beads with which you want to decorate your snail.
- Insert them into the wire starting from the center of the shell and pushing them all the way through.
- Bend that start a little when you insert all the beads so they don't fall out.
And you will have your funny snail ready to decorate your pots. Make it the color you want, with the beads that you like the most and the size that best suits your pots.
If you have a fairly large pot, increase the size of the snail. But another idea that looks great is that you make several small snails and pin them in the same pot. If they are of different colors they are very cheerful and striking.