Now that we are in the good weather, we want to decorate with ropes and fresh textiles, so in this craft we are going to do three different coasters made of ropes. You will see that they are very simple to do. You can choose to hear an option and do all of them like this or make a pair of each model and combine them. To your liking!
Can we see how to do them?
Table of Contents
Materials that we will need to make our coasters with ropes
- Strings of different types: one of them that is rounded, another flat and a last one thin.
- Hot glue gun
Hands-on craft: coasters with strings
- We begin to wind the round rope around itself, securing the first round well with hot silicone and then putting points of silicone along each round. To finish we return to secure well with hot silicone.
- Once finished, We observe that there are no traces of silicone hot nowhere. If there is silicone, we remove it using the edge of the silicone gun.
- To make the second model of coasters, we are going to repeat the same process as above but we will go fixing the main chord with a finite chord in addition to putting a little hot silicone to strengthen. First of all we will tie the thin rope to the end of the other rope. This part will be where we will begin to roll.
- In this model we are going to use the flat rope. We cut 4 pieces and stick them in the center forming a kind of star.
- Now with another longer piece of rope let's roll it up around the star. First we will glue the end of the rope over one of the previous ropes.
- We will go winding the rope as follows: we pass the rope under one of the stars and then over two. We repeat, one below and two above, until we have the circle as big as we want. We will fix with hot silicone. We glue the end and cut all the excess ends.
I hope you cheer up and do this craft.