With good weather and especially with the heat that it is doing, the mosquitoes are more active. Thus we are going to make an anti-mosquito candle, to continue enjoying our outdoor spaces and / or to be able to open the windows without being attacked by mosquitoes.
Do you want to see how to do it?
Materials that we will need to make our mosquito candle
- Candles of the colors that we like, you can use the remains of candles that we have at home.
- Un container that will serve as a moldIt can be a carton of milk or juice or a plastic bottle.
- Un glass jar
- Essential oil. There are several essential oils that, without mosquitoes, you can choose the one you like the most: citronella, lemongrass, exotic verbena, patchouli, turmeric, Egyptian geranium, exotic basil, cloves, blue eucalyptus, male lavender or palmarosa.
Hands on craft
- We put a low pot with two fingers of water to boil. We will add water throughout the process if necessary.
- We choose among the candles the one that is longest, since we will extract the wick from that. We put this Candle in the glass jar and put it inside the pot with the boiling water. The candle will melt and we can take the wick with a stick. We take it out, we wait a moment to be able to touch it without burning ourselves and we stretch it so that it finishes drying straight.
- We put more candles next to the one we already have melted. We can take the wicks and save them for another craft.
- We cut the container that will be used as a mold in half.
- We take out the jar with the melted wax being careful not to burn ourselves and we leave it for a few moments to cool a little. We add between 10 and 20 drops of the essential oil that we have chosen and we go around so that it integrates.
- We pour the wax inside the mold and with the help of two chopsticks we hold the wick in the center, making sure it touches the bottom.
- We break the mold and remove the candle.
I hope you cheer up and do this craft.