Now that we are in summer we like read on the beach, pool or mountain where we are relaxed. In this post I am going to teach you how to make a wooden bookmarks made with pyrography, a technique that allows you to achieve very beautiful results. In addition, we are going to give it a touch of color with multi-surface markers.
Table of Contents
Materials to make the pyrography bookmark
- Natural and colored wooden sticks
- Pencil and eraser
- Crop to tell and buttonholes
- Decorative ribbon or cord
Procedure for making the pyrography bookmark
- To make this craft we need 5 sticks: 2 large natural colored wood and 3 small colored ones.
- Put the large sticks together and from behind, stick the small ones as you see in the image.
- Center one first and then place the other two on the sides.
- The design I have chosen has been very simple flowers, but you can do the one you like the most.
- I am going to draw the flowers little by little and I will also make some details and some leaves.
- Down I'll put the word "read."
- Once my design is drawn, I am going to burn it little by little with the pyrography.
- You better go lightly reviewing the drawing to go overboard and burn too much.
- Once the pyrography is finished I will give it color with these markers.
- I have chosen these markers because they are multi-surface and I will have no problem painting on wood.
- I will color the flowers and leaves to my liking until I get the result I am looking for.
- I'm also going to do some details like little stars with the yellow marker.
- To finish this work I am going to place a buttonhole with this tool.
- Once it is on, I am going to pass a rainbow cord inside to always have it at hand when I go to read.
And in this easy and handmade way we have a perfect bookmark for your reading time.