I bring you another Upcycling Craft: A Raised Trivet taking advantage of a box of strawberries. Surely you have bought strawberries, because do not throw the box, you can do many things with it, such as this craft.
Can we see how to do it?
Materials that we will need to make the raised trivet
- A box of strawberries
- Various strings
- Glue gun
Hands on craft
- We clean the box wellIf we have to wet it, we will wait for it to dry before starting with the craft of this raised trivet.
- We cover the corners with several strips of rope or as in my case with a tape that gives the appearance of tiny ropes. To stick it we use hot silicone. If we don't do this, the corners will be left uncovered. If you like them without covering so that the box can be seen more, you can skip this step. It all depends on how the box is.
- Now let's cover the sides of the box with string. To do this we cut strips of rope with a length that covers the length of the box plus the sides and a little more to glue the rope inside. This way it is a bit more expensive but more rope is saved. The other option is to wind the rope around the box. This last way is faster to do and the box would be wrapped on both sides.
- Once the rope is glued and fixed to the box we will repeat the same step but with the other two sides. In this case I have chosen to do the quick option and so you can see both. We simply glue the end of the rope with hot silicone and we wrap the box by gluing a strip of rope with the previous one. Go fixing the rope every bit with hot silicone.
- Another option is to cross a vertical strip with a horizontal one to create a braided pattern similar to rope or wicker chairs.
And that's it, we have our raised trivet!
I hope you cheer up and do this craft.